What to expect during a session
- A session lasts 60 minutes, including 5-10 minutes of relaxation. A session can be prolonged if necessary.
At first a session can be physically demanding, however, it is adjusted to personal needs.
- Vinyasa is a dynamic type of yoga. This does not mean that it is a dynamic training like aerobic exercise, but that the poses (asanas) change smoothly in accordance with the breath. So the focus on breathing is essential.
- We practise on a yoga mat in comfy clothes and bare feet.
- You should leave 2 hours from your last meal to avoid gastric discomfort, and so you can breathe easily.
- Occasionally, music is played during the relaxation and/or the whole session.
- Advanced yoga sessions are complemented with pranayama and meditation.
What to expect after…
With time, yoga practice will become relaxed and effortless. Asanas that activate muscles, bones and joints will physically boost the body. All inner organs, by getting more oxygen and proper stimulus, will influence the whole immune and hormone systems to work more efficiently. Circulation and blood pressure will be naturally regulated. Harmonic movement will increase vitality and flexibility. The pranayama and the meditation that intensely exercise the brain will bring emotional stability, inner peace and a state of bliss.
Since each aspect of the person is the subject of yoga, you will develop in a holistic way.
The awareness of the body and breath that is practiced during asana will in time percolate through to other aspects of life.
Individual yoga sessions are for people who would like to practise yoga but
- are not fond of group classes
- have higher expectations
- want to have all the instructor’s attention
- prefer having yoga sessions at their place
- want to concentrate on a chosen aspect of yoga
- cannot adapt their schedule to classes in yoga centers
When and where?